Any vehicle carrying dangerous goods must be properly equipped.
When transporting dangerous goods, the motor transport organization is obliged to carry out additional equipment and equipment of vehicles in accordance with the requirements of the Rules for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, as well as organize special training and instruction for drivers involved in work with dangerous goods, and provide him with personal protective equipment.
Face protection equipment includes respirators and gas masks, goggles (closed type) to protect against solid particles, and a special liquid is also required to wash the eyes in case of contact with harmful substances.
Skin and body protection means include: overalls, footwear, gloves, oversleeves, helmets, reflective vests.
All vehicles carrying dangerous goods must have the following minimum equipment, regardless of the class of cargo:
- a fire extinguisher containing substances that are inert in relation to the transported cargo per 10 kg;
- a 2 kg portable fire extinguisher for extinguishing a fire in an engine, containing substances at least not conducive to combustion of the goods carried;
- a set of emergency tools made of non-sparking materials or having a spark-extinguishing coating; --
- chocks in the amount of at least one, corresponding to the diameter of the wheel;
- one red lantern, permanently on or flashing, self-powered;
- one fixed lamp
- warning triangle;
- first aid kit and means of primary neutralization of hazardous substances.
- a box of sand and a shovel are needed to localize the fire on the spot.
It is also recommended to have on the vehicle in case of an incident in which it is undesirable for other cars to stop in the immediate vicinity of the scene of the incident, two signs prohibiting stopping, with a coverage area of 200 m. Signs are put up on both sides of the road at a distance of 100 m in front and behind the vehicle facilities.
These types of transportation are very complex and require high professionalism. Our company is a worthy professional in this field.